Friday, May 13, 2016

Garden Design Ideas for Irises

After my irises bloomed I realized that they needed to be thinned out and since the weather was cool I thought I would start this garden project rather than in July when the weather is extremely hot. Normally I transplant into a garden bed; along the southern side of the house, I will also add irises by the driveway and many are planted on the southern slope.   I decided to create an eye-appealing iris flower garden in my backyard.

Here is a photo of one of my gardens  



Sun is a factor when growing irises and the only area that appealed to these flowers' needs was in the middle of my yard.  So I decided to design a garden that was an eye-appealing feature for my backyard.

The area for the flower garden was 9 x 10 and I  needed to transplant 46 irises into the new garden.  I decided to turn this area into a garden for the birds and the butterflies.

I would need the following; a bird bath, stepping stones, and 4 bags of potting soil.  I shopped the sales at the garden center at Walmart.com I bought Miracle-Gro 4 cubic feet of potting soil and landscapers fabric. and stepping stones. Then I shopped for a bird bath. I liked the solar fountain because they offer water circulation which will provide fresher water for the birds to drink.

 
This easy eye-appealing iris garden would appeal to the senses.  Here is my garden design idea for my divided and transplanted irises.  














No comments: